Thursday, March 4, 2021

The tides of March/The Gimp Chronicles

 We have now entered into the month of MARCH.  The Veneral/Spring Equinox is right around the corner, which marks the official start of the spring season.  It is the time for new beginnings, and the start to better things to come.


March also marks the 7-year publishing anniversary of my comedic memoir "In My Lifetime: Finny Stories of Life Experiences" (Outskirts Press, 2014), and the 1-year publishing anniversary of my dual release novels "Time Will Reveal" (Kindle Direct Publishing, 2020), and "Suicide Amy" (Kindle direct Publishing, 2020). Both books were published last year to commemorate my ten-year anniversary as a published author.  All three of the books are available in both paperback and eBook formats.  Please go out and support these novels (as well as my OTHER books) any way that you can.


March also marks one full year that I've been unemployed because of the COVID-19 coronavirus.  I'm living off of my savings, my unemployment benefits (when I was still getting it), and the insurance money for my mother's passing.  Good thing that I live well beneath my means, or I would be in some serious trouble, by now.  Which leads me to....

 

#TheGimpChronicles

 

Basically, I seriously injured myself almost 2 month ago.  I was coming back from Dollar General, and there's this park by my residence.  I usually always cut through there, as it cuts down the time for me to make whatever trip I'm making on foot.  The problem with that is...dumb asses here in Delaware, Wilmington in particular, don't know how to keep their mf dogs on a leash.  And, it's always some idiot with a big ass, wild dog, like a Rotty, or a Pit.  I'm coming back from the store, crossing past the park, and I see some idiot walking with his Rotty off of it's leash.  I'm not saying that I'm scared....but, I ain't tryna get my ass bit.  So I process to try to cross the street to avoid the dog.  As I step off the curb to cross the street....


...-KRAK!!!


My knee twisted & buckled.  I went down like a ton of bricks.  I crumpled down to the floor in some serious pain.  To make a long story short, I later found out later on that I'd torn my left patella tendon.  I've been hobbled, and hobbling around ever since then.  When I finally took my ass to the hospital, I found out how badly I'd injured myself.  Needless to say, I've been on crutches and an immoblizer for a few weeks now.  I just had surgery to repair the tear yesterday, so now I am on the mend.  All of this, cause I was trying to protect myself, yet I end up injuring myself.

 

Ain't that some shit?!?!?!?  :-O

 

The worst part is over.  Now, all I need to do is heal up, recover, & rehab.  At least I got my medical expenses taken care of; apparently, I was able to qualify for the local Medicaid provided by the state, especially being unemployed.  That helps a lot; that's one less thing that I need to stress about paying.  Considering my porous book sales, that helps me out a lot.  I'm on the gimpy side, for now.  Hoping to make a speedy recovery, and get back to walking around like a normal mf human being.  When I get the chance, I want to dance.  That's right, I said it....I wanna DANCE!!!  Maybe I can invest in come resistance bands, or something....?


Anyway, that's all for now.  Just keeping my nose to the grindstone, continuing to push & promote my books.  Hoping to generate more book sales for "Knuckle Up" (Kindle Direct Publishing, 2021).  Since its release, I've had a total of seven book purchases & downloads.  I seriously trying to up that, and generate more sales.  I'll let you know about my progress.

 

Keep the fist raised.

 

#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind

 


 

2 comments: