Saturday, April 25, 2020

Radio Interview Aftermath/Adventures in Laptop Hunting

First off...the radio interview was GREEEEEEAAAAT!!!!  :-D

I had such a wonderful time doing the interview!!!  The interview on Dock Radio went on for a little over an hour, but it was great.  The show's host Donya Craddock and I really hit it off, and had a great conversation talking about my various book titles, and my two current books that I recently released.  I got the opportunity to discuss my networking group the Universal Africana Literary Arts Movement, and talk a little bit about my overall activism.  All in all...this was probably THE best radio interview that I've ever had.  Most of my other interviews were rather blah, and it felt like the interviewer never even really paid attention to whichever book I was being interviewed about at the time; this time was different. Donya was very engaging, and was really interested in my work.  The interview flowed really well, and we ended up going a little over our time.  That's what happens when you really enjoy the discussion :-).  I hope to do a return engagement on the show, and also to make a trip out to their bookstore The Dock Bookshop in Ft. Worth,Texas, once this pandemic is over. :-D

Secondly....my old laptop died last Friday, the day after the interview.  :'-(

It was to be expected.  My old laptop was actually old; I'd had it for 9 years.  It wouldn't hold a charge anymore, and it was coming apart.  Once it broke, I was a little frazzled; I didn't really know what to do.  I know that I needed to get a new one, but...with this mf pandemic going on, I didn't know how to get my hands on a new one.  It's my only means to getting online, and writing my books...

Then...I saw a TV commercial for Target...

Wait a minute!!!  Target is considered an 'essential business'!!!  Target is still OPEN!!

YEEEEEEES!!!!!   :-D

Since I don't drive, I figured out which bus line I needed to take to get to the local Target out here, and made plans to go the next day.  I got on the bus, took the ride, and made my way to Target.  Once I got there, I made my way to the electronics department, and started looking at their available laptops.

The pickings were really slim.  There weren't any laptops in the cases.  I was lucky enough to have a really, really cute salesperson come up to me, and ask me if I needed any help.  I let her know what I needed, and that's when she dropped a bomb on me....

"I'm sorry sir...we're out of laptops.  If there aren't any in the display cases, then we're really out.  Because of telecommuting, and schooling from home, we got smacked..."

:-O!!!!!!!

I was SO hurt!!!  This was NOT good!  I really, REALLY needed to get my hands on a laptop.  But, then she said the magic words...

"They should have laptops at Best Buy.  Did you try there, yet...?"

?!?!?!?!?!?!

YEEEEEEEEES!!!!!  :-D

She told me what i needed to hear.  She told me where the nearest Best Buy branch was located, and I went.  I didn't know that they were going to have me stand outside, while they were going into the store to get whatever electronic device you needed.  You basically have to rely on the knowledgeability of the salesperson to fit your needs.  Oh well...I got what I needed, and made my way back home.  Luckily for me, I'd backed up all of my files on my flash drives prior to the old laptop going kaput.  They're now all saved on my new laptop, as well as being able to download all of the programs that I use.

On another note...I was able to shoot and upload the latest episode of "The Rough Draft"; episode number TEN!!!  The show is now in the double digits!!!  I'm proud of myself for that!!!  If you go on YouTube, please watch the episode, and leave a comment!!  And don't forget to subscribe to my channel!!  :-)

Well, that's it for now.  I'll keep you updated on my progress.  Now that I have a new laptop, I can continue with my projects.  Hit you guys up soon!!!

Keep the fist raised.

#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind      

No comments:

Post a Comment