Saturday, April 4, 2020

April Vibes During the Pandemic

It is now APRIL.  Next week will make it a month since the lockdown due to the COVID-19 coronavirus.  A lot has been shut because of the crisis, and people are stuck indoors.  Everybody is getting pretty antsy and are having anxiety issues.  As for me....I'm chilling.  I'm not that worried about it.  I stay safe, I'm a pretty clean individual, and I keep my head screwed on right.  Most people are confused by what's going on, and there is so much conflicting info out there, that people are starting to get really scared.  This 'unofficial Marshall Law' is what has ME concerned.  A lot of their government directives make no sense, whether local or federal.  But...that's another story for another time...

As far as April is concerned...it's been about THREE weeks so far since the dual book release.  As far as purchases/downloads are concerned, my sales are dismal; only TWO downloads so far.  That's quite irritating, considering that I've been pushing the dual release since December.  It seems like "Suicide Amy" is the book that's garnering the most attention.  Not mad at that, though.  The story is probably more relatable, since "Time Will Reveal" is Sci Fi/Action/Adventure.  Still...I want BOTH of them to get supported.  At the same time, considering the quarantine going on...I expected to have more sales for my books that that.  Reeeeeeeally make me wonder about the folks who claim to call themselves my fans and supporters....

On a happier note.... my short story anthology "Drum Speaking: Tales From An Inner City Griot" (CreateSapce, 2016) is celebrating it's four-year publishing anniversary this month.  Pretty happy about that.  It shows the diversity of my storytelling skills, dabbling into different genres.  That book is available in both paperback AND eBook formats.  Check it out!!!  :-)

On another good note....I might be holding a radio interview!!  I was contacted through email by a bookstore owner that has their own streaming radio show.  We're working out the details as I write this, so please keep your fingers crossed.  The interview SHOULD be taking place on April 16th at 7pm.  I'll let you guys know once the plans are finalized.  Wish me luck!!  :-)

Other than that, just trying to live up to my hashtag #AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind.  There's only so much that I can do, being trapped indoors.  Haven't really been motivated to write anything new, or work on any of my other incomplete projects.  I've mostly been in marketing/promotion mode, trying to generate some sales for the two new joints.  Trying to focus on sales for the eBooks, since that seems to be an easier way for people to gain access to them.

That's all for now.  I'll keep you updated on the radio interview.  Once the plans are finalized, I'll post an FB Event for it, as well as tell you guys about it here.  Keep ya head up, and stay safe!!!

Keep the fist raised!!!
#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind


  

No comments:

Post a Comment