Friday, October 11, 2019

October Flow/Latino Heritage Month Pt. II

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's October.  It is now officially fall, and there are now officially TWO months left in the year.

So, my birthday passed this past Tuesday.  I am now officially 45 years old.  Happy birthday to me.  Had to WORK on my birthday, but hey...welcome to adulthood.  Just took a nap after work.  The older you get, the less that you want to be reminded of it.  I was never to the type to go out and party on my birthday, anyway.  Maybe if I had a special someone in my life, it would matter a little more, but for now, it's just another day.

It's the SECOND HALF of Latino Heritage Month.  Been pretty quiet on my end, so far.  Other than promoting my first two books of "Raise Your Brown Black Fist: The Political Shouts of an Angry Afro Latino" (Authorhouse, 2010), and "Raise Your Brown Black Fist 2: MORE Political Shouts of an Angry Afro Latino" (Outskirts Press, 2011), I haven't done much on the activist front.  Too many fake-ass people involved in that movement any fucking way.  If you don't have academia kissing your ass, or being hyped up because your ass is computer savvy, nobody really recognizes, or fucks with you.  Of course, activists like me have been doing this fighting since before most of these fuckers were BORN, but, hey....who really cares about experience...?

The year 2020 is coming up.  One...I need a new catchphrase for the Universal Africana Literary Arts Movement; "Back/Fresh on the scene..." worked well in the twenty-teens, but I need something new that's gonna get me through the next decade.  Two...I'm considering doing a dual book release for 2020.  Both "Time Will Reveal" and "Suicide Amy" are ready for publication.  I really don't know if I should do a dual book release, or not...considering the lack of sales and support from my so-called fan base.  Why bother to publish books that people aren't going to support? Even if I did get around to doing more personal appearances, would that really make a difference....?  Personal appearances hardly made a dent with my first three publications....and that was when I was working on my writing career FULL TIME!!!!  I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering to myself wtf is the point, and why the fuck should I even bother...?

Episode three of "The Rough Draft" has been a bit delayed.  I'll probably have it uploaded by next week.  I should have it uploaded to YouTube by next week.  I'll also share the link to it here on the blog.  Hope that you're subscribed to me on YouTube!!!  Check out my other videos, and don't forget to leave comments!!!

Other than that, I'm just maintaining.  looking forward to ending the year on a strong and positive note.  Hope that I can do a Kwanzaa event, or two before the year is out.  I could use some hand-to-hand sales right now, if just for some confidence.

Uhuru sase, y paz.  keep the fist raised.   

No comments:

Post a Comment