Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Mid-Month Stride.....

Wow.....the month is already half over.  Where has the time gone.....?

Father's Day has recently passed.  I hope that all of the fathers out there that have been holding it down get the proper respect that they deserve.  No disrespect to the sisters out there that are holding it down, handling both positions, but don't disregard the men that are doing what they're supposed to do, and are holding it down, as well.  You also have single fathers out there that are holding down both roles, as well.  Don't down one gender, just to lift up the other.

Today is the last day of Juneteenth.  Me personally, I 'celebrate' the cultural event from the 16th to the 19th.  Most people, if they even celebrate the event, only celebrate it on the 19th, and that's it.  I think we need to look at the entire scope of what this event stands for, and give it its proper observance.  But...that's just me...

"The Chronicles of The Black Fist: F.U.R.I. of the People" (Kindle Direct Publishing, 2019) celebrates its 6th month of existence, this month.  It's available in both paperback AND eBook formats.  Still struggling to make sales off of it.  Still considering doing a reading for it; I just need to find the proper venue for it, and a date when I can get it done.  Juggling the new day job kinda complicates that.  I'm not complaining; at least I'm getting some money in my pockets, now...

Still working on getting an episode of "The Rough Draft" done.  I might just do a cheapo version of it, and post it here on the blog, and to Youtube.  As long as I get it done, and stop trying to be so anal about it.  It's just my Communications college major background kicking in.  I know how to do this shit professionally, and don't want to do some busted ass production, and put my name behind it.  Then again, I've seen some terrible videos posted on YT, and they have thousands of viewers.  Go figure for quality....

I think that I'm finally over my writer's block.  Did some editing for "Time Will Reveal" (2020), and I'm adding more content to "Walk Like A Warrior" (2021??), yet another literary project that I have.  I still need to create the cover for TWR, but at least I have the basic concept in my head.  Plus, I have time before publication; I'm not planning on publishing it until next year.  I haven't touched "Suicide Amy" (2022???) yet, though I'm still editing that one.  Not to mention, I'm still working on the other two sequels to The Black Fist book saga.  So many stories, so little time...

The day job is going well.  Can't really complain.  I'm getting along with my co-workers, and they seem to respect my work ethic.  And yes, I do find a few of my co-workers VERY attractive  ;-).  Not looking to hook up with anybody at my job, buuuuuuuuuut......if somebody spits game at me, I'm going for mine!!!  :-)

That's all for now.  Hoping to have even more news for you with my next entry.  Hopefully, I can finish out this month with a few more blog posts...hopefully with an episode of "The Rough Draft".  You'll be able to see and hear wtf I look like, lol, lol, lol. 

Keep the fist raised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment