Wednesday, June 26, 2019

End-of-Month Wrap-up [JUNE]

So, we've entered the final week of the month of June.  Time really does fly, dosen't it?

The Summer Solstice has just passed.  Welcome to summer!!!  I had to work that day, but wanted to send out some positive energies for the official coming of the summer season.  Light a candle, light some incense, and say a prayer or two to the Creator.

Just entered a THIRD book entry into the North Street Book Contest.  I decided to enter my short story anthology "Drum Speaking: Tales From An Inner City Griot" (CreateSpace, 2016) into the mix.  Since the deadline is this coming Sunday (June 30th), I decided to take advantage of the opportunity.  It couldn't hurt; hell, it might actually up my chances at winning at least one of the three main prizes.  Getting the recognition is what really matters to me.  Since my sales are stagnant, I need to generate some attention for my work somehow.  The exposure is what really counts, for me.

I just outlined the first four episodes of "The Rough Draft".  I'm hoping to start shooting some footage for it by this weekend/the start of next week.  Once it's shot and edited, I'll post it here on the blog, and on Youtube.  I already have my Author Book Trailers uploaded there, so feel free to look me up, and view the videos.  I might share them on Facebook as well, but as a link. 

The day job is going pretty well, so far.  Not that I'm looking to hook up with any co-workers there, but we got some niiiiiiiice looking women working in my department. My first month has gone by on a good note, and I've earned my boss' and coworkers' respect for my work ethic.  As long as they treat me right, I might actually stay there for a while...

Been networking with a brother out here, who is ALSO a transplant from NY.  Met him at the local library out here ( and people wonder WHY I like going to the library so much).  I'm getting that hustle-mode mentality back, like I've always had.  Since he knows of my literary activism, he's trying to help hook me up with some people that  he knows that could help me, not just with my literary career, but also with my efforts for the Universal Africana Literary Arts MovementANY help that I can get with both would be much appreciated.  a brotha is TIRED of struggling, and not getting supported....

That's about all for now.  Hoping to hit you back in July with some good news.  Hopefully, I'll have the first episode shot & edited in time to upload it here.  Wish me luck!!!!

Keep the fist raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment