Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June Happenings....

Oh, wow.....it's JUNE!!!  :-O!!!!  The year is already half over!!!  :-O

The start of summer is here.  We're almost into the middle of the month of June.  Let's see what's happening...

June is the 4-year publishing anniversary for my novel "Demure Nights" (CreateSpace, 2015).


Four years ago, I published this book; my FIFTH book, and SECOND novel.  It was a departure from what I'm usually known for, as I decided to tackle the genre of Erotica, though I still consider the book to be more Urban Lit.  The sales for this one hasn't been what I wanted them to be (much like all of my other books), BUT, it's still a good story, and I'll continue to do my best to promote it.

A lot of events are going on, starting in June.  I'd just sent out the latest Summer SoE listing for the Universal Africana Literary Arts Movement to the other members.  I just wish that I could participate in some of these festivals/book fairs/conventions, and be able to further promote my books.  I'm itching to get back onto the book fair/festival/comic con circuit, and get my work out there, and give my books the proper exposure that they deserve.

So far, I've entered TWO of my books into the North Street Book Contest.  The deadline for the contest is June 30th, and I'm considering adding at least one more book entry into this contest.  I could definitely use the exposure, even if I don't win the contest, but I need to do SOMETHING to get my work out there.

Father's Day is coming up.  Don't forget to give a shout out to your dad when his day comes around!  Biggups to all the men that are being men, and are handling their responsibilities, raising their children!!!  Show these young cats out here how to be real men, and look out for their community, and families!

I know that it's only been a little over a week, but the new day job is going okay.  I can't really complain.  Things are going good, so far, and I'm getting along with my new co-workers.  Like I said...it's a job.  It's how I fund my dreams, goals, and writing career.

Still working on doing that pilot episode of "The Rough Cut".  I don't want to do some ghetto ass production, but I'm looking to get this done.  People need to actually see me, and hear my own words.  I don't want the masses to get this perception of me as this bitter ass individual, according to my blog posts.  I'm usually always on the move, always on my literary grind.  I want to be able to reflect and convey that to the masses, and my potential fan base.  Hope to be able to shoot an episode, soon...

That's about it for now.  See y'all on the flip side!!!

Keep the fist raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment