Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Latest June Updates......

SO.......

My new business cards FINALLY arrived, after like...a two 1/2 week wait.  NOT happy with the final product.  That'll teach me to go with a company on the cheap.  Stay away from GotPrint.  My cards look like trash.  I could've done better on my own, if I had access to my old printer.  I knew that I should've stuck with VistaPrint.  Oh, I WILL be going back to them.  Glad that I never cancelled my account with them...

My sequel to The Black Fist is almost complete.  Like I said last time, I have about another chapter, or two, before the first drafty is complete.  I don't have any real plans to publish that particular story any time soon.  Besides, I'm planning a SECOND sequel to the series.  I've already started writing that next sequel, which was actually initially part of the first sequel.  The upcoming sequel (book 2) will be titled "F.U.RI. of the People", while the next sequel (book 3) will be titled "The Diaspora United".  I'm expanding the character base on both sides, including more heroes to fight along side The Black Fist, as well as new villains to fight against.  I can't wait to finish writing the series.  I've already got ideas swimming around my head for a fourth book.  ;-)

The day job is in flux.  My boss finally left [YAY!!!!!], and we have a new boss.  Don't really care for him off the bat, but that could change.  As it is, I'm still looking for a new gig.  Been at this one for about a year already, and I'm done with it.  Why continue to bust my behind for people who don't appreciate my hard work?  F**k that!  I need a better (and more consistent) work schedule, anyway.  If I want to get back onto the festival/convention/book fair circuit, I need a decent schedule to be able to plan around.

Not much else is going on.  I don't have any plans as of yet to do any events, or set up any reading & book signings.  I need my work schedule to straighten out first, as well as being able to bring in more income to pay for everything.  Working independently ain't cheap, ya know.  Especially since book sales have been abysmal, it makes me wonder why I bother, sometimes.  I love writing, but obviously, niggaz don't respect what I do as a career.  I either need a new strategy, or need to throw in the towel...

Hopefully, I can get that issues with my business cards straightened out, and be able to move on.  That's an important first step.  Once I have my business card, I can easily move forward.  I can (hopefully) organize local appearances, and then move forward from there.

Wish me luck.  Uhuru sase, y paz.  

No comments:

Post a Comment