Wednesday, February 7, 2018

So It Is February......

The month of February is now here.....

I'm not as psyched as I usually am for the month, as February has become a special month for me in recent years.

February is the start of Black History Month (BHM) in the United States...
It's also my anniversary month for being a published author (currently EIGHT years)...
It's also the publishing anniversary for my fourth book, and first novel, "The Chronicles of The Black Fist" (CreapsSpace, 2015)...
I'll be dropping my latest novel this month, this year in 2018 [Fiesta Girl, Draft2Digital, 2018]...
Akoma Day is this month (February 14th-20th), though I don't have a special lady to celebrate it with this year...
....And finally....this month also marks my one year anniversary living in Delaware.

Call it what you want; battle fatigue...depression...the 'blahs'....I'm kinda going through it right now.  Thought I'm principally concentrating on my latest book project, I'm just not feeling it right now.  I'm a lot better off now personally, than I was a year ago (hell...try four), but I'm still not close to where I want to be.  My life has improved, but not the way that I've expected it to be, nor have I come as far as I would like to.  I know that I said in an earlier post, that I'm still learning to practice patience, but come ON!!

But, I digress....

Fiesta Girl is coming along.  She drops NEXT WEEK!  I'm excited about it, though my optimism is still negligible, considering my past book launches.  It's always the same; a lot of 'likes', but never any meaningful amount of purchases.  HOPEFULLY, this time will be different.  I'll be making a post about it here on the blog, complete with a few links to download the book.

Working on the latest listing for the Universal Africana Literary Arts Movement.  It's coming along really well.  The first draft of the listing is pretty lengthy.  I hope that it helps the other members of the Movement.  It's should be done in another week, or so.  Hopefully, this year, I can participate in a few of those events myself...

Other than that, just keeping my head up, and doing what I do.  Will be branching out to to a web-based TV show with a comrade of mine out here.  We'll be showcasing local ethnic restaurants, and promoting them on the show.  It's a great idea, and a boon to these local ethnic food spots.  Hey...if WE don't support our own businesses, who will?

Catch you on the flip side!!!

Uhuru sase, y paz!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment