Friday, January 19, 2018

Publishing Updates.....

I'm going through the final rounds of editing to get "Fiesta Girl" ready for publication.  I'm actually quite excited about this.  I've already posted a Facebook event about it, but only a handful of people replied to it.  I guess that I shouldn't be all that surprised; that's pretty much the standard response that I get to my efforts, whether activism or otherwise....

I remember when I first wrote it as a screenplay.  I was really proud of that particular script.  I put a lot of myself into that particular project. It encumbers a lot of creative elements; my poetry, some of my songs that I'd written for my never-existed group New Latin Swing, a clothing line idea that I had to promote the group, and a music video TV show idea that I had.  Hopefully, I'll have some success with it as a eNovel, that I didn't have as a movie script.  Then again, if sales are successful, you never know...

Other than trying to get my new business cards printed up, I don't have any real plans, other than trying to promote my stuff this year.  Don't know how much I'll chill out this year, and just concentrate on the promotions for my book titles.  I still want to work on the sequels to "The Chronicles of The Black Fist" (CreateSpace, 2015), and get them published.  Maybe when I find the time and motivation....

Still hoping to get my own place.  Next month marks one year that I've been here in Delaware.  Can't say anything negative about it.  I'm on my own, so to speak...I'm working....I have some money in my pocket; I can't complain.  Slowing making friends, and getting my name out there; professionally and culturally.  I'm looking forward to tackling a few new projects in the new year.  The Universal Africana Literary Arts Movement is celebrating its 'unofficial' 10th year anniversary this year.  I can't believe that it's been 10 years, already!  My, how time flies, and how much of an impact I've/we've had. The movement has been around for ten years, and still going strong.  I've made some great friends and connections through the Movement, and hope to continue going on strong.

Well, if I don't get any time next week, to post another entry, hopefully the next post will be "Fiesta Girl's" release.  Stay tuned, and take care!!!  :-)

Uhuru sase, y paz!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment