Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Nothing.......

Honestly....I have NOTHING to report.

Really. Seriously.  Truthfully.

There is absolutely nothing for me to report to you guys.  Everything is at a stand still.  No sales to report...no job prospects...no anniversaries coming up...nada.  I don't even know when the hell that episode of my interview is going to air; I still haven't been contacted back by the show's producer who interviewed me.  Considering that the show airs every Sunday, there are only two more Sundays left in the month.  Not very inspiring that my episode is going to air this month.

Nothing on the job front, either.  Considering that gamble that I took back in August, basically taking a one-way trip out of state for a job interview, you would've thought that something might have resulted from that.  Didn't get that particular job, nor anything else much after that.  Oh, I've applied to a good number of jobs out there, but nothing really resulted from it.  I got like....one call back for a position, and nothing else since.  Looks like my relocation plans are on hold, as well...

Trying to finish writing my manuscripts that are WIP, but I'm not necessarily motivated to finish them.  Wtf is the point?!  Finish writing them...publish them...and then have them languish on cyber bookshelves for the rest of their existence...?  Nuccas can come out of pocket for some stupid shit like the latest smartphone (that they don't need), a video game/gaming system, shoes, handbag, and other crap they don't need, that's EXPENSIVE as all hell mind you....but y'all can't invest in my mf book that costs between $10-$15....?  What's the sense in publishing them, then?!?!  I don't want to hear your bs rhetoric about supporting me, and then all you do is press the mf 'like' button on social media, and call it a day.  If you're truly a fan of my work, and support me, BUY my books!  And don't just buy one title....buy at least three, or four of them; THEN you can call yourself my biggest fan.

Yes....I'm ranting.  This is frustrating.  I've been dealing with this struggle for over two years, trying to be a fulltime author.  It's sickening when you're not supported, and people make excuses.  Or, when people do give you support, it's actually quite minimal, and they make it seem like they did you such a big favor.  I would understand if I was a crappy writer with no talent; I shouldn't even bee in the game.  BUT....I'm talented, and have skills.  I know how to market and promote myself, and my works.  I've been doing that for most of my life, specifically through my activism.

Maybe things will start to look up by the end of the year.  Who knows....

No comments:

Post a Comment