Thursday, September 3, 2015

Currently Progressing.....

So, I've written SIX books in FIVE years time.  Not bad at all, wouldn't you say?  I'm currently working on books #7, 8, and 9.  I'm also conceptualizing books #10, 11, and 12 (really, I'm considering writing literary adaptations to some screenplays that I've written).  If I continue on the pace that I'm on, I might have #7 published by the end of this year.  Don't know if it's worth it to do that, or wait until early next year to publish it....

Still trying to relocate out of state. I've been doing a lot of online research on my relocation, finding out more about the new city that I want to move to.  I've been looking into jobs, and organizations that are out there, and options to focus on my Universal Africana Literary Arts Movement project;  I think that it would be a better outlet to explore, than focusing on The Consortium of Afro Latino Communities.  I never seem to garner the support that I feel that I deserve pushing that particular project, so I'm putting it on the back burner for now....

I'm hoping to do some traveling this fall, but that's kinda sketchy.  I would need money to travel, which I don't have right now.  I don't currently have a day job, which I really don't want to get one, but I need to have some sort of income.  The book sales aren't going the way I want them too AT ALL, so I need an alternative means to subsist.  I hate being in "starving artist" mode; people know that your shit exists, but don't really want to financially support you.  I know that freedom ain't free, but come the fuck on, people!  I'm sick and tired of wasting my time, talent, and intelligence for someone else's benefit at a regular day job.  But, without that support, I can't survive.

I'm definitely trying to focus my attention more OUTSIDE of New York.  Shit hasn't worked out for me here, so it's time for me to say adios carajo.  This year+ has been a bit of a waste of time, so it's time to search out new horizons.  I'm still working on promoting my literary works via email and social media, whatever the hell that's been worth.  I get "likes" and "favorites", but everyday when I log onto my publishers' website to check my sales, I haven't move not one damn unit; paperback OR ebook.  I need to find a way to target potential readers overseas, cause apparently, niggas here in America DON'T read (and some are even PROUD that they don't read).  Not much of a way to make a living, is it?

I'll keep you all updated on my progress.  I'm hoping to make it out to this Latino cultural event in a few weeks.  At least it will get me the hell out of NYC for a few hours.  Here's to hoping that my books will get me to travel.

Uhuru sase, y paz

No comments:

Post a Comment