Friday, February 16, 2024

Author Anniversary/Black History Month/Akoma Day 2024

 Iiiiiiiiiiit's February!!!  You know what that means!!  😁😁😁😁😁😁

 

Black History Mooonth!!!  (This is protected by the red...the black...and the GREEN!  With the key...)

Akoma Daaaaaay!!!  (Celebrating & promoting Black love, and the art & science of soulmating)


It's my AUTHOR ANNIVERSARY MONTH!!!  Yaaaay!!! 😊😊😊😊


14 years ago, I started this journey.  My first book was published February 16, 2010, and released to the public that following March.  I was very happy about that, and felt very proud of myself for what I'd accomplished.  After so many years of struggling to get my voice heard in the cinematic realm, I was able to have my voice heard in the literary world.  I have no regrets...


To start off...celebrating my fourteen-year publishing anniversary of my 1st book "Raise Your Brown Black Fist: The Political Shouts of an Angry Afro Latino" (Authorhouse, 2010).  It's a collection of political essays that I'd previously written individually on the internet, and gathered them together, consisting of two different essay series that I wrote...plus, three additional entries  (two blog posts, and a stand-alone essay).


Also celebrating the nine-year publishing anniversary of my 4th book (and 1st novel) "The Chronicles of The Black Fist" (CreateSpace, 2015).  It was my first foray into fiction, and I'm very proud of this character, and the book itself.  I'm hoping to finish writing Books III & IV in the series, and have them published in the very near future....


You also have the six-year publishing anniversary of my Afro Latino Romance novel "Fiesta Girl" (Kindle Direct Publishing, 2018).  Based off of the original screenplay of the same name, I decided to put this into book format, turning my collection of songs that I'd written for my former music group into book form.  For the lovers of Latin Freestyle music, and Hip Hop culture.


In honor of Black History Month, Akoma Day, and my Author Anniversary...I've decided to create a sale of my eBooks that are on the Smashwords platform.  For the entire month of February, I'll be having several of my titles available for sale on their platform for 50% off, selling for $0.99  (that's 99 cents).  The titles to be sold are:

 

Raise Your Brown Black Fist: The Political Shouts of an Angry Afro Latino

Raise Your Brown Black Fist 2: MORE Political Shouts of an Angry Afro Latino

The Chronicles of The Black Fist

The Chronicles of The Black Fist: F.U.R.I. of the People

Fiesta Girl

Drum Speaking: Tales From An Inner City Griot

 

Those six titles will be made available for sale at $0.99 for the entire month of February for Black History Month.  To help to celebrate the holiday of Akoma Day, I will be adding additional books to the sale: 


Demure Nights

Seductra, Web of Desire

Fiesta Girl* ( * = already on sale)


You can purchase these titles for 99 cents on the Smashwords platform here:


https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Kevin_AlbertoSabio


The Akoma Day Sale runs from February 14th until February 20th.  The Black History Month/Author Anniversary sale ends on February 29th.  I also talk about the sale on the latest episode of my web series The Rough Draft; Episode #68, to be exact.  Hope that you'll head over to YouTube, and watch it.  


That's all for now.  Hope that you guys will come out, and support me during my sale(s).  It's been a wonderful journey, and I hope that it gets better, from here on out.  Celebrate our history!!  Celebrate our culture!!  Celebrate Black love!!  Support our indie Black authors!!  Nya Akoma!


Keep the fist raised!!!!


#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind




No comments:

Post a Comment