Tuesday, October 3, 2023

The Cool of October/My Birthday Month

 We are now in the month of OCTOBER!!!  Time really does fly, don't it?  The year is less than two months over with... 😲😲😲😲


It's my birthday month!!  I will officially be 49 years old on October 8th.  I'll be entering the final year of my 40s!  Had a lot of up-and-downs during this particular decade of my life; mostly downs.  A little bit of that fight that I used to have, has now left me.  I still have a lot of my hustle/drive, but I'm trying to be a lot smarter about that; there's always gonna be an angle to find when slinging the books.


We're entering the second half of Latino Heritage Month.  The month officially ends on October 15th.  Still considering doing that controversial episode of The Rough Draft, speaking on my negative feelings towards the current state of the so-called 'Afro Latino movement'.  There's a loooot that I see that's wrong with it.  It's not the same movement that I was a part of, so many decades ago.  Too many clowns are jumping on this, like it's a trend.  It's very fractured, and you have a shit load of posers involved that are only in it for their own self interest, and their own selfish gain. 😡😡😡😡

 

Doing what I can to promote the books.  I might need to look into some local Kwanzaa events, and see if I can get down as a vendor.  I need to find a way to end the year on a strong and positive note, especially financially.  Sales are abysmal and nonexistent, and it's really getting me down.

 

Doing a lot of reflecting, since my birthday is coming up.  Still considering that relocation to the continent.  I just really need to get on the ball with that.  I definitely need to get my passport straight, as well as make some final plans to make that move.  I want to gtfoh by the end of 2024.  With the way shit is going here in this country politically, I don't want to stick around and witness the fallout from all this craziness, especially if the community isn't prepared for the repercussions of that fallout.  Fuck that...you can have this fallen so-called empire...

 

That's all for now.  Will keep you guys updated on my literary and political progress.  Hoping to also get my writing groove back.  Maybe if I can make some sales, that would help.

 

Uhuru sasa, y paz!!!  Keep the fist raised!!!

 

#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment