Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The Closing of Black August...

 We are coming to the end of the month.  I'm starting to marinate on a few things, as the month comes to a close...


For starters, I FINALLY got the chance to shoot an episode of "The Rough Draft", and post it up to YouTube.  Episode no. 61 is now live!!!  Since I haven't really posted any content in the last 2 months, I had to get people up to speed with what's been happening with me.  Go to my YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/@kevinsabio to see the entire series.  The 23rd marks the four-year production anniversary of the making of "The Rough Draft".  Yay, me!!!  😁😁😁

 

Speaking of the vlog series, I've been considering a few things.  I want to invest in a Sony Handycam so that I can shoot more content, instead of having to use my laptop.  With a Handycam, I can also do field productions, and shoot content from festivals, or comic cons, or book fairs, and add them to my channel.  I'm also considering getting a new/second laptop.  I don't have enough storage space on my current laptop, and need more storage space to shoot & edit my videos.  That was pretty much always the plan anyway; going back to my video production days.  I needed one computer to write my scripts (and hold my other data), and another to use strictly for editing purposes.  I've seen a Handycam online at Best Buy for $229, and I've seen a few laptops going from $279.99 to $379.99 (various brands, like Acer, HP, Asus). Of course, everything comes down to having the money to pay for it all, which is something that I don't have....  😑😑😑😖😖😖😖😞😞😞😞

 

The 28th make it two years that I've officially been living in Raleigh.  I like it out here, and don't regret making that move.  Just wish that I was a little more stable, both financially, and domestically.  There's a lot that I want to do, but my living situation makes things a little bit harder for me to do.  It's expensive to live out here, and with there not being any regulations put out there for housing, and other things, these crazy ass people can do whatever they want.  I have a place to stay, just not my own place.  These politicians out here are fucking ass, and pretty much let people be exploited, and treated like garbage.  Oh, well...

 

Recently found out that some of my books actually are not listed on Books-A-Million.  It seems like half my inventory isn't listed on there.  All of my books published after the merging of CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing (2017) aren't listed on there.  I'm a little pissed off about that.  All this anti-Amazon hate is really fucking with my livelihood.  My books are still listed on Barnes & Noble, though.  Still, that's taking money outta my pocket.  For anybody published through Amazon, they're making it really difficult for us. 😡😡😡😡😠😠😠😠

 

That's all for now.  hope that you enjoyed this wrap-up.  See you next month!!

 

Uhuru sasa, y paz!!!  Keep the fist raised!!

 

#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind

 


      

No comments:

Post a Comment