Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Welcome To February/Happy Black History/Heritage Month!!!!!

 We are now in the month of February!!!  We have entered into the second month of the year!!!  Wow...where did January go...?


It is officially BLACK HISTORY MONTH.  It is a time for us to reflect on our accomplishments and achievements as a people, and what we've contributed GLOBALLY, not just within the borders of this land mass that we call the United States.  We have contributed throughout this hemisphere, as well as throughout the world.  Let us all remember that, and promote our achievements and successes.  We are more than the chains that they put on us, and the few heroes/sheroes that they allow us to celebrate.



February is also the month where we celebrate Akoma Day.  It is a seven-day holiday that promotes Black/African love & relationships.  You celebrate seven Akoma Day Principles, as well as seven Akoma Day Virtues.  I'm learning more about the holiday, myself.  It was created by Nwasha and Montsho Edu, based out in Trenton, NJ (I believe).  They created the holiday (I believe) in 2006.  I read their book on the creation of this holiday, and found it to be VERY informative, and deep.  Though I am not currently in a relationship, I am definitely going to be celebrating it more, now. Aaaaaand...you don't even have to be in a relationship to celebrate the holiday!  :-)


 

Here's to celebrating Black History/Heritage Month in 2021!!!  Soy negro y orgullo!!!  I'm Black, and I'm proud!!!  Keep the fist raised!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment