Friday, February 12, 2021

My 300th Blog Post!!! My Author Anniversary!!!!

 It is now the month of February!!!  This is the month of my AUTHOR ANNIVERSARY!!!  It is also my 300th BLOG POST!!!!


 

Yes...ELEVEN years ago this month, I jumped into the uncharted waters of the publishing world, and independently self-published my first book, "Raise Your Brown Black Fist: The Political Shouts of an Angry Afro Latino" (Authorhouse, 2010).  I started my professional writing career, and became a published author.  



This was the book that started my publishing career.  Now, eleven years later...and THIRTEEN books later...the career continues.  Though the sales have never been there for any of my book titles, I'm still continuing to be on my literary grind.  Hey...I'm a storyteller at heart.


Everything started in my youth, from my junior high school years (I.S. 383, Phillipa Schuyler...School for the Gifted & Talented), from about 1986-1988.  I originally wanted to work in the comic book field as an artist, as well as writer.  My art skills unfortunately weren't there, but I was always a storyteller.  Years later, during my junior year of high school, I morphed those dreams (by accident, really) into wanting to tell my tales and stories on a cinematic scale.  I spent the next sixteen years trying to get my foot into the door of the film & television industry, without much success.  I finally hung up those dreams in 2006, and called it quits.  For the next 3-4 years, I pretty much floated around between pure community activism, and online journalism.


It was actually through my activism that pushed me into self-publishing.  I'd found my calling, and entered into the fray.  I haven't looked back, since.  I've enjoyed this ride, and will continue to be, as I always hashtag, "always on my literary grind".  The sales have never been there, for none of my books.  But...I'm a storyteller.  I love telling stories.  Telling stories is my passion & my purpose.  From nonfiction, to fiction, to the various genres involved in fiction, my books span the gamut.  Now...if I could juuuuust get people to actually support my books....


But...I digress...


Continuing to celebrate some publishing anniversaries this month, February also marks the 6-year publishing anniversary of my first novel "The Chronicles of The Black Fist" (CreateSpace, 2015), my Action/Adventure novel following the exploits of a costumed crime fighter, and Black superhero...



February also marks the 3-year publishing anniversary of my novel "Fiesta Girl" (Draft2Digital, 2018), a Romance novel featuring an Afro Latino couple; a poet, and an aspiring fashion design student.

 

 

So, there you have it.  All of my books are available in paperback & eBook formats, and all are available for purchase.  Help me to continue to celebrate...not just my 300th blog post...but, also my anniversary as a published author.  I'm enjoying this journey; I just wish that I could get the support for my career that I deserve, considering all of the hard work that I put into it.  Buy a few copies of my books...actually READ them...and leave a review for them on Amazon, or Barnes & Noble.  I'm a writer...I NEED feedback.  That helps me to get better at what I do.

 

Keep the fist raised.

 

#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind
 




No comments:

Post a Comment