Monday, July 2, 2018

July Musings.....

So, the new business cards are IN!!!  Much better looking than the ones that I got back from GotPrint.  Will be sticking with VistaPrint, again, from now on.  I tried to support those guys, but the results were less than stellar.  Presentation matters, y'all...

So apparently, I have a new distribution outlet through Draft2Digital.  They're called Bibliothetca, and they distribute eBooks to libraries.  That should REALLY help me, as a few of my titles would interest teens, and other urban readers.  They would like my novels, and hopefully my nonfiction works, as well.

Still doing revisions for "FURI of the People", my Black Fist sequel.  I've even added a few chapters to Book III, "The Diaspora United".  I'm ironing out the concept for Book IV, and should also be starting on that project pretty soon, as well.  This will be the first book series that I've actually written.  When I initially started my writing career, focusing mainly on screenwriting, I never intended to turn any of my film projects in to a film series; maaaaybe one, or two action film ideas that I had.  At the time, I didn't feel that any sequels were necessary, and that they were being done primarily as a money maker; basically, milking that project for what it's worth.  I wanted to write quality project, that had longevity; instant/modern/cult classics, if you will.  As a novelist, on the other hand, it's a great character and storyline, and I definitely want to be able to expand on it.

Now that I have the business cards, I need to work on making some appearances, at least locally.  Once my work schedule straightens itself out, I'll be able to better plan some appearances, and events.  I was hoping to make it back to NYC for an even that a brother that I know throws; The Pre-Harlem Book Fair Meet-&-Greet.  Because of my constantly changing wack work schedule, I won't be able to go....not to mention, I don't have any PTO time on the books to request off; courtesy of my bitch ass former boss (GOOD RIDDANCE, MU'FUCKA!!!!).  Hopefully, one of these other jobs that I've been applying to will hire me, and I can actually have a consistent work schedule.

Speaking of the job...there's a new girl working there.  She's cute!  From back home.  I like her.  Kinda young...but, I like her!  Might be a new friend.  I'll let you know how it works out...  ;-)

That's about it for me.  Still trying to work on that video that I promised.  Hit y'all later!!!

Uhuru sase, y paz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment