Monday, March 6, 2017

The Latest Report: #TheTransplantChronicles2

Today makes it exactly one month that I've been out here.  I do feel more relaxed, than before I left.  I feel like I have more piece of mind.  I don't feel as burdened by the bullshit, as I was before.  That was pretty much the whole reason for me TO come out this way.

I'm still getting acclimated to the city of Wilmington.  I almost forgot how it felt like to walk out of the house, and NOT want to feel like punching someone in the face.  People actually greet you out here, and not just stare in your damn face, and not say nothing.  Shit like that would get you murdered, back in the day.

Anyway...I digress....

I haven't been able to explore very much of the city, but I have been able to make my way around.  Since I'm on a curfew, and my outside access is limited, I haven't gotten the chance to really explore, and immerse myself in the city; I have to take my opportunities to do that while I'm job hunting.  Shit...at least I'm getting callbacks, and inquiries out here.  I wasn't getting SHIT back in NY, which is why I fucking left.  Wtf I look like staying there and struggling, off of some supposed bullshit conception that people have of the city, that just ISN'T true, and HASN'T been true for the last 10-15 years?!

Anyway....

Slowly but surely, I'm getting everything together for the publication of my upcoming EIGHTH book "Seductra: Web of Desire".  The cover art is done, and I'm still doing last-minute editing of the manuscript.  I haven't started on the other two conversion projects of "Time Will Reveal", and "Fiesta Girl"; I'm probably gonna leave those two alone for a while.  At least I have them as first drafts....

Gotta admit...it's ratchet as fuck out where I'm staying.  It's not so much the crime, but the lack of adult/parental guidance and leadership for the youth out here.  It's more sad and depressing, than anything.  The adults are all strung out on drugs and alcohol, while the youth are just hang out on the street corners, blatantly smoking weed like it's going out of fashion, imitating the ratchet ass behavior that you see on television. Seriously, for me it's like...where the fuck is the conscious community at?!  If there was EVER a call for community activism and uplift....this is it!

I have to admit, I'm fighting the urge to get back into "activist mode" while I'm out here.  That's NOT why I came out here, and relocated out of state.  I've been burned too many times being a souljahr, and I'm NOT trying to go there, again.  I'm burned out by my experiences in VA, B'more, and my bullshit return back to NYC.  Fuck the dumb shit...even souljahrs have to retire....

I am feeling more upbeat, relaxed, and more positive.  Other than needing to get back to where I want to be personally and financially, I'm doing good, and glad that I made that transition out of the state.  The rest of y'all can keep that bullshit; I'm moving on to better things in my life.  As my peoples from NBUF would say...forward ever, backwards, never.

Keep the fist raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment