Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Rant Session: #TheTransplantChronicles3

So, last week was a little frustrating......

During my job hunting adventures out here, things have been going pretty well.  At least I'm getting callbacks and interviews, which is more than what I can say was happening for me back in NYC.  I'm still continuing to cast my reel out there, hoping to eventually snag a job.  I'm hoping that it'll happen soon, because of some other stuff that I'm dealing with, which I'll go into later in this post....

Had a weird experience last week.  I had an interview at one of the local Family Dollar stores out here as an Assistant Manager.  I was quite surprised by the callback, considering that I had just applied literally two day prior.  I connected with my Job Counselor, got a bus pass to be able to go on the interview, and off I went.  I got there quite early, so I walked around a bit before the actual interview, getting myself a bit more familiar with the area.  I was able to kill some time, and finally show up for my interview, still a bit early.  This is when things got weird.....

The interview didn't last very long.  We barely talked for five minutes.  The manager was also a transplant NYer, and we briefly connected on that tip.  Then when she asked me about my experience, I gladly let her know about my work history and job experiences that applied to that particular job and position.  She apparently believed and assumed that I didn't have any retail, or managerial experience....

????????

Um...did I not just tell you about my experiences?!  Did you not read my resume before you fucking called me in here for the interview?!   And, it's fucking FAMILY DOLLAR for crying out loud!!!

So...in her genius...she referred me to walk to this other FD store that was not too far away from her store.  So, I ended up walking up the street, heading for the other store, grumbling to myself a bit.  I make it to the other store, and ask for the manager that she told me to ask for....

The employee that was working there, was staring at me and blinking with a confused look on her face, saying something like, "Ummm......who?!?!"

So apparently...that manager that the first lady told me to talk to, DOESN'T EVEN WORK THERE!!  The manager for THAT store had a different name, and was on vacation to boot, so she wasn't even available.  So, discouraged, I just left my contact information, and went back to the shelter to crash.  I was quite frustrated by that experience, and quite irritated about it, too.  These people tried to get me to do a whole bunch of running around after that, trying to interview with that other manager, but nobody could tell me what friggin store she worked out of.  I just gave up, and moved on.  But, it doesn't end there.....

I fucking HATE the shelter that I'm staying at!!  It's a transitional housing shelter, but it's ran by a Christian group.  These mf care more about trying to convert me to their faith, than anything else.  I don't care for the shady ass preacher that runs the joint.  These people are disorganized, and can be quite trifling.  Maaaaaan...I'm just here to get on my feet, get a job, and gtfoh...THAT'S IT!!!  They want to dominate my time, and control every aspect of my life.  I'm not some junkie, alchi, or felon...I don't have any of those afflictions.  Save that bullshit, and your Jedi mind tricks, for those weak-minded mf who wanna get sucked into your cult; I'm NOT the one!!!

I really can't stand that damn preach who runs the joint.  Nigga always trying to figure me out, so that he can Jedi mind trick me.  Nigga, LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!!  Save that shit for somebody that actually WANTS to convert to your religious beliefs.  I'm just here for the housing...THAT'S IT!!!  Take that shit back to Philly, where you from!   Nigga had the nerve to get mad at me, cause I wanted to go on a job interview, instead of going out with his ass to Walmart to solicit for his bullshit church. 

Okay...let me get this straight....

You'd rather I go out, and beg people for money for you....instead of going on a job interview, possibly getting a job....where as I can pay my own way, and NOT have to go out and beg for you????

Nigga...ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!?!?!?!  :-O

Yeah, so that was my week, last week.  I'm really hoping to land something soon, so that I can gtfoh, and FINALLY get back to being on my own.  I'll even settle for getting a room someplace else, until I can get my own apartment.  Right now, I'm just trying to maintain, and biding my time.  We're also supposed to be moving, and these ignorant assed people are doing everything last minute, with their disorganized asses. I'm maintaining, and trying to hold on to my sanity.  I'm just holding on for a little bit longer, until shit finally breaks for me.

Wish me luck.....

No comments:

Post a Comment