Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Chronicles of THE BLACK FIST: Latest Updates II


So the book has been published for a month now.  I'm still on my literary grind, doing what I can to promote it to the public.  It's been a bit trying, but I'm keeping positive, and trying to stay the course.

I'm still working on doing the festival circuit.  I have a few events that I'm targeting, and looking forward to participating in.  Most of them take place in the summer, so I'm working on building up the funds to attend those particular events.  They would be good to showcase, not only my recent novel, but my other titles as well.

As I'm working to promote this current novel, I'm working on writing the sequel to it.  It's going pretty well.  I'm still trying to figure out if I should make it a bit of a collection of short stories, detailing the different characters that the main character interacts with, or focus on the singular antagonist that I'm currently marinating on right now.  The story is developing really well, so I might just stick with the one main antagonist.  I'll let you guys know more once the first draft is finished.

Being an entrepreneur is definitely not easy.  It can actually be quite frustrating.  I'm trying to get rid of the few author's copies that I have left, and that's a mission in and of itself.  I was lucky enough to network with a local Black-owned bookstore that I just found out about.  I'll keep you updated on that venture if it progresses.

Still thinking about partnering with an artist, or a cosplayer to help promote the book.  I'm also considering networking with local cafes, and a community center to hold more literary events and workshops.  I need to find more ways to generate an income from this.  It would also help if I could get more media exposure.  I've been trying to connect with some local cable access personalities, and get interviewed on their show(s), but that hasn't been working out very well.  Something has got to break soon; these past 10-11 months have pretty much been one big financial loss for me.  Hopefully, this year will be a positive one for me...

     

No comments:

Post a Comment