Friday, January 9, 2015

Latest Progress Report....

So, I've made a cosmetic change to the blog page to make it look more like a website.  Hopefully, that will attract more people to visit the page by making it more visually appealing.  Not to mention, people might actually have more of an idea of what the page is about.  Only time will tell.

So, my new novel "The Chronicles of The Black Fist" is done being edited (at least from my perspective).  I've spent the last month or so going over it, correcting any spelling mistakes and fixing any plot holes that I've found.  I've even designed a cover for it that I think gets the point of the book across.  I originally thought about hiring a cover artist, but the way that my finances are looking, it doesn't seem doable.  I still need to come up with the cash to print the damn thing; wanted to start the process by next month (February) at the latest.

I'm still working on doing appearances and book signings.  One of the locations that I was looking into FINALLY hit me back.  I originally wanted to do a book signing at their location in February, but they only had available dates in March (and I hit them up in November).  Hopefully, they'll get back to me in time, and I can let all of you know exactly when you can look forward to seeing me at their bookstore...

Trying to step up my promotional game.  Been trying to network with some of these cable access shows out here in BK, not with much success.  I FINALLY heard back from one show host, and she's willing to bring me onto her show.  I'll let you know what show, when the interview will take place, and when it will actually broadcast on the air.

Still working on getting my books into bookstores.  THAT is never an easy feat.  I'm concentrating on targeting bookstores outside of NYC, since my hometown stores aren't showing me much love.  That also goes for appearances and lectures; I don't know if it's because of all of the transplants that are here now, or what.

I'll keep you posted on my further progress.  Wish me luck!  :)

Uhuru sase, y paz!

No comments:

Post a Comment