Friday, January 2, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR/ My Resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  WELCOME TO 2015!!!!

Hopefully, everyone had a joyous new years celebration.  2014 was definitely an up and down year for me.  It ended on a somewhat negative note, but I'm looking forward to the new year, and the positive energies that come with it. 

Of the positives: I ended the year quitting my position in my organization (not to mention my day job), and moving back to the city of my birth.  I got the chance to be more active, and enjoy myself a little more, attending the various cultural events that take place in NYC and other places.  I also dropped my 3rd book in four years.  I got the opportunity to participate in more festivals/book fairs to help promote my books.  Also, I've been lucky enough to network and make friends with other authors and Afro Latin@ activists, specifically a lot of young hermanas getting into the movement.

Of the negative, though...the move back home hasn't been as smooth as I'd anticipated it to be.  I haven't been getting the type of book sales that I've wanted, nor have I gotten much traction as far as being able to promote myself to the local media, or consistently put together book signing appearances.  Not to mention, a dear friend of mine who I looked up to passed away in December.  2015 couldn't get here fast enough for me...

For the new year, my plans are to publish yet another book; this time a novel.  I'm hoping to have my latest book, "The Chronicles of The Black Fist" published by early Spring; a superhero novel.  I know of a few black comic book conventions to debut it at, and I think that it can take off from there.  Most likely, I will focus solely on promoting that particular book; it might be easier on me to focus my energy promoting only one book, instead of all of them.  I know that having written as many books as I have shows a high level of skill and versatility, but I think personally it would be easier to focus my marketing energies on one book for the time being.  Besides, nobody seems to care too much for my nonfiction stuff.  Why beat a dead horse...?

So...here's to a better 2015.  I'm planning on rebounding back in a strong way, improving on what I did or didn't do well last year.  Hopefully, you guys will come out and support me once the book drops.

Uhuru sase, y paz.


No comments:

Post a Comment