Wednesday, December 10, 2014

End-of-Year Progress Report

So as 2014 comes to a close, I have a few upcoming events and initiatives that I'm working on.  This year didn't go exactly as I'd planned, not to mention ending on a bit of a weak note.  But hopefully, the new energies of the new year will help to bring me greater prosperity.

I'm trying to continue to do the joint book signing tour that I had started organizing this fall.  I have three potential dates already; I'm just awaiting confirmation from the establishments that we/I contacted.  I was severely disappointed with how the tour went this fall, with us having to cancel most of the dates because of the incompetence of the local Parks and Rec department in some of the other boroughs.  Hopefully, we can officially book those dates, and move on from there.  We're also trying to book some events that are OUT of NYC; we didn't have too positive of an experience in our own hometown, and so we're looking to get some recognition elsewhere.

On a more personal note...I've just recently completed writing my very first novel!  It's an action adventure piece I'm calling "Chronicles of the Black Fist".  I'm going through the editing process right now, and I hope to have it published by early Spring.  This time around though, I might have to hire a cover artist to do the cover for my book.  I know how I want it to look, but I just don't have the necessary artistic skills to do it myself.  Once the book is published, I know of a few book fairs and comic book conventions that I want to take it to, to promote it.

Once the novel starts going through the final publishing stages, I'll post pictures and excerpts of the book here.  Also, once the dates have been confirmed for the book signing appearances, I'll post the image of the flyer(s) here as well. It's all about staying on your grind. I'm hoping to keep pace with my goal to publish four books in five years.  I'll probably just focus on the publicity of the books after that, and then go wherever the Creator directs me afterward.

So, here's to the new year, and the new energies that come with them!  Wish me luck, and thanks for the continued support!!!  :)

Uhuru sase, y paz!!!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment