Monday, October 28, 2013

"The Sovereign Agenda" : Lecture & Book signing by Ezrah Aharone



On Saturday, October 26th, my division and I brought in a well respected brother and scholar that I know to Baltimore to speak on his literary works.  Ezrah Aharone, a scholar of Sovereign Studies and professor at Delaware State University (an HBCU), is the author of "Pawned Sovereignty" and the follow up sequel "Sovereign Evolution".  He came to Baltimore at the request of my organization;  We had brought him to town once before back in 2011, and his lecture was well received.  It was always on the agenda to bring him back, and have a repeat performance of his last lecture.  Having read both of his books, I KNEW that we needed to have him come to Baltimore, and do a return engagement.

The event was held at a local black-owned bookstore called Wisdom Book Center & Cafe.  Though the attendance wasn't what I wanted it to be, the lecture went VERY well.  All were engaged in the conversation, and left the lecture with a greater understanding of the concept of sovereignty, and it's ideological and conceptual meaning for the community.  I look forward to bringing the brother back to Baltimore again, for his message is sorely needed in our community. 



No comments:

Post a Comment