Monday, October 14, 2013

AFTERMATH: The Consortium of Afro Latino Communities Fall Edition 2013 (Part II)

The second part of The Consortium of Afro Latino Communities was held on Saturday, October 12th.  For Part II of this edition of the Consortium, we were having the Panel Discussion and Book Signing on a separate day.  Two of the participating panelists crashed with me at my apartment, while the other participants met us at the room where the event was to be held. 

What can I say....?

It ROCKED!!!!!!

It was such a WONDERFUL experience!  I got to work with some dear friends, and was able to make some new ones.  Everyone came away from this very inspired.  The college was thoroughly please with the event, and my panelists were able to really enjoy themselves.  Here is a brief snippet of footage from the event:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8KLX935HGE&feature=youtu.be

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYQrJ4AEJBM&feature=youtu.be

I would like to thank my panelists Tony Polanco, Robert Oriyama'at, Roxanne Cox, and Clarissa Mendez for wanting to participate on the panel.  It was truly an honor to have you all be there, and look out for a brother!  ;)

Special shout out to Chris Rodriguez and Elvia Duque-Castillo!  I wish that you guys would have been able to make the panel! I hope that you will be available for the next one!  I DEFINITELY want you guys to be a part of this!

Additional shout outs to the History Club, Anthropology & Sociology Club (ASC), BCCC Student Government, and all of the students that came out and supported our event.  It was GREAT to see our brothers and sisters from the continent come out and support our event.  The discussion was quite lively and informative, and everyone came away with a greater understanding and different perspective.

Enjoy the footage, and stay tuned for info about our 2014 edition!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment