Sunday, October 2, 2022

Falling Into October 2022

 We are now in the month of OCTOBER!!!  The Autumnal Equinox has already passed, and the new month has just started.  There are only TWO more months left in this year.  Also...October marks my birthday month!!!  I will be turning 48 year old  (on the 8th 😁😁😁).

 

October marks FIVE MONTHS since the release of my latest novel, "Second Chance Points" (Kindle Direct Publishing, 2022).  Sales are flat & nonexistent. I'm doing what I can to promote it, but it's an uphill battle.  I need to hold an in-person event, or SOMETHING to generate some book sales.  This shit is for the birds...


We are now entering the second half of Latino Heritage Month.  Of course, I'm promoting my first two books of "Raise Your Brown Black Fist: The Political Shouts of an Angry Afro Latino" (Authorhouse, 2010), and "Raise Your Brown Black Fist 2: MORE Political Shouts of an Angry Afro Latino" (Outskirts Press, 2011).  Haven't noticed any sales for those two gems yet, but it's something I do annually.

 

Hoping to shoot Episode 52 of "The Rough Draft".  I'll be focusing on my Latino characters in my novels.  It's reminiscent of Episode 10, but I won't be focusing solely on my Afro Latino characters.  Hoping to shoot it, soon.  I haven't gotten many days off from the day job recently, not to mention that the weather hasn't been great (since I don't have my own lighting equipment).  I want to get it done before Latino Heritage Month ends...

 

No new writing project(s) to speak of.  Been too busy trying to promote 2CP.  I guess I'm also a little jaded, as well.  14 book projects deep, and I STILL can't earn a living off of them; especially not collectively.  I might get 'likes' on social media, but nobody ever buys anything.  Wtf am I writing this shit for, then?!?!?!  :-(

 

Decided to put my Black/Brown Bookstore Book Tour on hold for now.  Might have to shelve it until 2023.  Can't seem to get a good enough work schedule to organize it, nor do I have the transportation capability to get to the different bookstores I want to get to.  Even if I did drive (which I don't, which doesn't help the situation), it would still be a pain in the ass to get around.  None of the bookstores are in Raleigh, though one of the stores exists in Durham, and the other in Chapel Hill.  They are close, but at the same time, they're NOT close.  I swear, I need an assistant, or something...   


That's all for now.


Keep the fist raised


#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind




No comments:

Post a Comment