Tuesday, August 2, 2022

The Revolutionary Heat of Black August 2022

 We are now in the month of AUGUST.  The last month of the Summer.  A month known for revolution. A personal time of achievement and anniversaries for me.  This month is a very special one, so let's get into it.


"Second Chance Points" is entering it's 3rd month of publication.  Sales still have been pretty flat, despite my continued attempts to promote it.  I've even tried promoting it to two women's professional basketball leagues; the Women's American Basketball Association (WABA), and the Global Women's Basketball Association (GWBA).  I've continued to email both leagues, as well as tag them in posts on both FB and on Twitter, as well as sharing their information.  No response from either league, at this point.  Oh, well...all I can do is continue to promote the book.


August marks the seven-year publishing anniversary for my poetry eBook "Spittin' Lyrics N Waxin' Poetic" (Draft2Digital, 2015).  I don't really talk much about that project.  It's a collection of poetry that I've written, as well as rap verses and NLS songs that I wrote years ago.  Don't necessarily consider it my best work, but it's something that I published, nonetheless.  As you can tell, it's only available digitally.


August also marks the three-year anniversary of the production of "The Rough Draft"; officially on the date of August 23rd.  I'm closing in on 50 episodes of the show, and hope to be able to celebrate both simultaneously.  I've already come up with the concept for Episode 49, but haven't really come up for one for Episode 50.  You guys got any suggestions on what I should cover for that big 50th episode?  I'm open to any suggestions that you might have.  I tried asking on social media, but apparently nobody pays attention to what I post, smdh....


August also will mark the one-year anniversary that I've been living out here in Raleigh; officially on August 28th.  So far, it's been a good year.  I'm still working at my current day job, so that's putting money in my pocket, and keeping a roof over my head.  Haven't really made much progress as far as my writing career is concerned.  I was lucky enough to have done at least one radio interview since I moved out here, but I need to make more of  name and a presence for myself out here.  I definitely need to do more in-person events to make a name for myself.  I'm still looking into doing the Black/Brown Bookstore Book Tour, but that won't start until maaaaaaaaaybe next month.


That's all for now.  Hope to keep you guys updated on my progress.  See you guys next post.


Keep the fist raised.


#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind 




No comments:

Post a Comment