Sunday, April 17, 2022

Possible Book Tour/What the Future Holds in 2022....

 Things are starting to look up for me.  2022 is starting to manifest itself in a very positive way. I was able to do a podcast interview on "Anansi Reads", and I also have an upcoming radio interview on a local radio station out here in North Carolina; WCOM 103.5FM in the Carborro/Chapel Hill area, scheduled for May 13th.  I'm pretty happy about that.  It's my time to shine!!!  :-)


I was able to shoot & post the latest episode of "The Rough Draft".  Episode 45 has been posted on YouTube and Vimeo.  In that episode, I talk about my publishing anniversary for April, the upcoming release of my next novel "Second Chance Points" (KDP, 2022), and a future venture that I want to do. My idea for an in-person event is a Black/Brown Bookstore Book Tour, or 3BT Tour for short.  Catchy title, huh...?  ;-) 


The Black/Brown Bookstore Book Tour is basically a series of bookstore appearances/signings where I focus my signings in primarily black-owned & Latino-owned bookstores.  Firstly, I'm focusing on promoting my latest literary work, as well as the other titles that I have in my arsenal of books that I've published. Secondly, I want to be able to use my platform to support black-owned & Latino-owned businesses. That's just the activist in me, wanting to support my peoples, and remain true to my political beliefs.  Hopefully, I can shoot some video footage to use for "The Rough Draft", post them online, and use the episodes to help promote these bookstores/independent businesses.


If I am able to do the 3BT Tour, I'm shooting for late Summer, if not the Fall.  The Fall would probably be more ideal, as it leads into Latino Heritage Month, and I would be able to promote my book titles that feature my Latino/Afro Latino characters. Right now, I want to target local bookstores in the North Carolina area; primarily here in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, and Greensboro.  I also want to target black-owned/Latino-owned bookstores in nearby Tennessee, and also Virginia; primarily Richmond, since that's my old stomping ground.


I'll let you guys know the details, as the tour comes together.  I'm debating if this should be a solo tour, or a joint book tour with another author, or a few other authors.  Still haven't met any other brother-scribes or sister-scribes out her yet, so I'm holding out hope. I'm still ironing out the details of it, so it's still in the planning stages, for now...


Uhuru sasa, y paz.


Keep the fist raised.

#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment