Wednesday, August 4, 2021

The Heat of Black August

 Welcome to the revolutionary month of August!!!  It is also the final month of Summer!!!  We are now officially three-quarters into the year!!  Time sure is flying, ain't it...?  :-O


First things, first....August marks the six-year publishing anniversary for my literary project "Spittin' Lyrics N Waxin' Poetic" (Draft2Digital, 2015).




This is a collection of never before released poems, rap verses, and rhymes that I wrote.  The first half of the book is rap verses, and revolutionary poetry, the second half of the book is all love poems.  This particular project is available in eBook format only, so you would have to download it, if you want a copy.  The book is available for download through Kindle, Nook, Kobo/Kobo+, iTunes, Scribd, and through various library distributors.

 

Also...August makes it seven months since the release of "Knuckle Up" (Kindle Direct Publishing, 2021).  Sales are still not where I want them to be, but I'm still on my grind promoting this project.  Hopefully, once I gtfo of Delaware, I'll have an easier time promoting it to the masses.  It kinda sucks when you live somewhere, and the people there don't read in that city or state.  It's quite sad, actually....and pretty demoralizing.  :'-(

 

Speaking of which...I hope to be out of Delaware by the end of the month.  I'm just so done with this place.  I utterly HATE my mf roommate, and I'm tired of Wilmington.  I don't feel like I can grow here.  I'm not gonna completely knock this place; it served its purpose.  I was able to get back on my feet out here, and put some money in my pocket.  Now, it's time for me to move on.

 

When I have the time, I'm still editing my women's basketball novel Second Chance Points.  There are still some things about the project that I'm figuring out.  I'm hoping to start working on the cover art, once I finally move away.  The jobs are still interested in me out in Raleigh, so I know that I have options, as far as employment is concerned.  Once I have that freedom of space, not to mention...peace of mind, I'll be able to concentrate on writing my projects like I want to.

 

Keeping my fingers crossed, praying to the ancestors & the Creator, and hoping that this move proves to be the boost that I need. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.


Keep the fist raised.


#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind 




2 comments:

  1. Peace of mind is everything! Many blessings on the next move ✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sister!!! Truly appreciate it!!! working hard to make it happen!! :-)

      Delete