Friday, September 18, 2020

Latino Heritage Month 2020

 We have now officially entered into Latino Heritage Month.  The celebration of culture lasts from September 15th to October 15th, as this timeline represents the various days of independence declared by countries throughout Latin America (Central & South).  This year will be different, though; because of the COVID-19 coronavirus, many outdoor festivals celebrating Latino heritage and pride have been cancelled, or have been made virtual, this year.  Other than a few programs aired on television via streaming services, or through PBS outlets, Latino Heritage Month has been a quiet affair this year, so far.

 

As always, you know that I must include my own participation in the festivities.  You know that I have to represent for my fellow Afro Latino people.  We are currently (ALWAYS, actually) and continuously underrepresented, or outright misrepresented.  My fellow activists are also doing there part, always helping to spread info about us, and represent our interests.  We are here...we exist.  As I always say...keep the fist raised.


I will be doing my part as well.  I will be doing a special #CelebratingLatinoHeritageMonth edition of "The Rough Draft".  I will be profiling all of my book titles with Latino themes, and Latino/Afro Latino lead characters.  If you are subscribed to my channel on YouTube, the videos will be posted there, starting from Episode 18.  You will be able to enjoy my in-depth profiles of my literary works, the lead characters, and the concepts behind them.

 

As we enter into the last quarter of the remaining year, I will continue to focus of my future plans.  My next book to be published, Knuckle Up (2020), is in it's final stages.  The cover art has been created, and I just have to pick a date to choose when I want to publish that project.  I'm really looking forward to releasing this particular project, as it is another conversion project. I'll let you know when I finally decide on the release date, and will post it here on my blog, and also create a Facebook Event for it.  Stay tuned for that...


ALSO...I'm furthering my plans to relocate the continent by next year; to either Gambia, or Tanzania.  I'm probably going to target the summer of 2021.  Once I get my passport straight, and do all of the other necessary processes I need to do to relocate there, I'm leaving this shithole. No more worrying about getting shot down in the streets for nothing...no more dealing with racism & prejudice in the workplace, or everyday society...no more fighting for people who don't want to be fought for, and just want acquiesce to the power structure of whiteness & white supremacy.  Fuck it....I'm DONE!!!

 

Catch ya next time!!!


Viva mi gente Latino!  Viva mi gente Afro Latino!  Feliz el mes de la herencia de Los Latinos!


Keep the fist raised.

 

#AlwaysOnMyLiteraryGrind




No comments:

Post a Comment