Thursday, October 12, 2017

Reflections, and Manifestations

So my birthday passed recently, on October 8th to be exact....

I just turned 43.  Was feeling a bit melancholy in the beginning, but the actual day itself wasn't too bad.  Had to work on my birthday, but it wasn't a bad day nonetheless.

I had to look at it in a positive way.  I am lucky enough to see yet another year of life, relatively unscathed.  Despite some of the ups and downs that I've gone through this year so far, I've got to count my blessings, and see my life in the upswing.  I'm working, I got THE HELL out of New York, and I'm still working on establishing my writing career.  So far, I'm considering 2017 to be a rebuilding year, trying to get myself reestablished in my writing career.  I need to get myself straight personally first, before I move further with my career.  I do have more piece of mind now, and feel a bit more relaxed, and at ease.

 On the down side of things, I'm not where I want to be in life at 43 years old.  I should have been married by now, with some children, which is something that I still very much want.  I want to be a dad, and a great husband, and neither option seems very attainable at the moment.  I'm barely dating, as it is .  I want to have children before I get too old to enjoy them.  I'm definitely not getting any younger, and don't want to wait until I'm too old to have any, or not be able to have any children at all.  And...I'm not trying to have a child by just any old body, either.

I'm not where I wan to be right now, but I'm making progress.  I'm a lot better off than I was the last few years, that's for sure.  I'm looking forward to ending out the year on a strong note, and strategizing for next year.  I'm still working on some future writing projects, but want to concentrate on promoting my existing books.

Here's to another year of life, and a successful move forward.....

No comments:

Post a Comment