Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Day Job Grind, Part III: #TheTransplantChronicles7

So, where was I....?

Oh yeah, I've been working at my new job, which is now my primary job.  I work food service at a local hotel out here in Delaware.  Basically, I'm a glorified dishwasher (and unofficial kitchen gofer).  The job isn't bad at all; I have unlimited access to food, which I love, considering how I've been starving for the last 2-3 years.  It's a pretty easy job since the kitchen isn't very fast paced; only when we have events going on, and a high occupancy rate.  I actually like the job.

Other than that, things are going pretty well.  I'm STILL trying to publish "Seductra" as a paperback, but CreateSpace keeps fucking with me, ab out my file size.  They keep sending me emails back that there is not enough bleed space for the cover.  How much mf bleed space do you mf need?!?!?!?  Publish the gd book already!!!!!!  It is still available as an eBook, but still....I would like to have the paperback as well.

Speaking of which...I would love to see "Seductra: Web of Deisre" and "Demure Nights" air on late night CineMax.  As it is, they were both originally supposed to be screenplays, anyway.  Also, "Seductra" was actually inspired by me watching CineMax late at night.  Hey....Black and Brown folk can be freaky, but classy, too!  Who knows...if I ever get the support for those books, I actually might get an offer like that, sometime in the distant future.

Other than that, I'm just trying to figure out my next move.  I need to decide if I'm going to focus on another literary project, or hang back for now, and concentrate purely on promoting my current works. I have to admit, it is quite frustrating to have projects available for sale, but have absolutely NO support for your work.  All I have is people giving me lip service on social media, talking about how much they support me.  How many of them actually owns a copy of my book titles...?  THAT remains to be seen, smdh.....

I'm hoping to up my internet usage.  Right now, I'm only able to get online once, maybe twice a week.  I'm used to being online more often than that.  It would also help me to get over this crap with CreateSpace, as far as publishing "Seductra: Web of Desire" as a blasted paperback.  Only time will tell.  Stay tuned, and keep following me!!!

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment