Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Relocation

Well....it's official.  I've FINALLY left NYC.  I am now living in Wilmington, Delaware.

I know, I know...I've been talking about this for about a year, and a half already.  Some things take time to get done.  I was sick and tired of being in New York, getting nowhere with my career, and not working.  So, eff it; I'm taking a leap of faith.  It's better than the alternative, which is to stay stuck, and continue to be miserable.

I'm actually feeling a bit optimistic about this.  I did better in smaller towns/cities anyway, so why not go back to that type of atmosphere?  You don't have to deal with the pretensiousness, and the phoniness that you get in NYC.  That place used to be the home of innovation, the home of whatever trend was out there.  It's not like that anymore.  Who exactly has that city established?  NYC has lost its way due to the gentrification of that city, and catering to the wack ass transplants that now live there.

Onward, and upward.  Forward ever, backward never as they say.  I'm starting over with my life, and ya know what?  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  I'm still going to continue with my writing career, just on a part time basis, until I can get to where I want to be.  I want to be able to get back into doing the festival circuit to promote my books.  Hopefully, I can find a job soon, and be able to get back to promoting my books, and continuing my writing career.

Wish me luck on this newest venture.  I'm not becoming a Wilmingtonian...just laying my head here.  It's a nice in-between spot, where I have access to other cities, and other audiences.  Here's to the next phase.

Keep the fist raised.  

No comments:

Post a Comment