Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Da Latest News.....

We're in interesting times right now, aren't we....?

Job Search
     As of late, the job search continues.  I'd previously written about my desire to relocate, and an adventure that I'd had for a particular job interview called "Adventures In Job Hunting".  I finally heard back from that particular job, and I ended up getting turned down.  Oh, well...back to the old drawing board.  :-(

Local Events
     I was able to go out, and enjoy the West Indian American Day Carnival out here in my hometown of Brooklyn (or, Brooklyn Carnival, as we call it out here).  Went with one of my peoples this year; it was cool vibez, but kinda on the boring side.  It wasn't like I remembered it to be when I was younger.  We left by late afternoon.

Celebrating Latino Heritage Month
    I am celebrating Latino Heritage Month by re-releasing my first two books, Raise Your Brown Black Fist books 1 & 2, in eBook format.  Book 1 was always released in eBook format when it was first published, and I just recently converted Book 2 into an eBook.  I've been sending out e-blasts promoting their release.  So far, I have a potential interview in the works to promote those particular books, as well as my career as a writer (it's about blasted time!!!).  Just sent out the complimentary copies of my books, and hope to shoot the interview by October at the latest.

Brooklyn Book Festival
     I was lucky enough to hook up with one of my peoples, and participate in the Brooklyn Book Festival.  I volunteered to work the booth for his organization, the Caribbean Cultural Theatre, and helped them to sign up people to their mailing list, and sell the books of participating authors of the organization (as well as sneaking in a few of my own).  It was a great experience, and I'm always glad to be back in my literary element.  It was an enjoyable weekend, and I got to feel like my old self again, if only briefly.

Future Projects
     I'm getting my writing mojo back.  I'm currently writing three new novels; a sequel to "The Chronicles of The Black Fist", a YA novel that's pretty much an Afrocentric version of 'The Karate Kid' called "Walk Like A Warrior", and a science fiction novel that I've been working on for a hot minute called "Umoja: A Stellar Conflict".  I'm considering doing another erotica novel, and I'm fleshing out the storyline and characters now.

So, that's what's currently happening with me right now.  I'll keep you up to do ate on the TV interview, and the job search, as well as the new literary projects.  I probably won't publish them until 2018; I'm trying to take this currently time to promote my titles that I already have out.

Keep the fist raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment