Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Altered States

I wanted to do something special, considering that this makes my 150th blog post.  Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with anything really significant, other than the subject matter for this particular post.  So, here we go...

Firstly, any and all versions of The Consortium of Afro Latino events are hereby suspended for the remainder of the year, until further notice.  Considering that nuccas never come out to support it anyway, it's one less headache that I have to worry about, as far as organizing is concerned.  Why bother wasting my time putting something together that nobody is going to attend, any?

Secondly, I am concentrating my efforts out of state.  Considering the lack of support that I've received for the past year+, especially with this being my hometown, why continue to waste my efforts in a place where no one is bothering to support you?  I am hoping to relocate OUT of NYC by the fall.  Considering that it's already the first week of August, I have some serious work to do.  I'm already doing my research as far as trying to find employment, and a place to live (I've actually been doing that since early July).  Moving around sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do to reach your goals, and get that support you feel you deserve.

I'm sick of being broke, hungry, and frustrated.  This is NOT what I envisioned when I moved back home, and don't want to continue living like this.  If I wanted to struggle, I would have stayed out on my own, NOT move back home, and deal with other people and their bullshit.  I'm pissed and frustrated at being not supported by so-called 'friends', but yet everybody expects me to bend over backwards to support them.  I felt that I had earned enough respect from people through my activism and support to have them support my literary endeavors; obviously I was wrong.  I shouldn't be spending the majority of my time trying to get motherfuckas that ALREADY know about my books to BUY them.  FUCK clicking the "like" button, or 'favorite'-ing the damn post....BUY the motherfucka already!  How many times you gotta "like" the shit, before you get the fucking hint to buy it?!?!?

Considering my literary versatility, I didn't really want to have to rejoin the corporate workforce.  Unfortunately, I have no choice in the matter now, if I want to be able to survive, and get the hell out of here.  I was hoping that my writing career would bring me some semblance of financial freedom; apparently not, at least, not in this bullshit ass city.  Maybe somewhere else where the cost of living isn't as high, and the people aren't as full of shit.  It's kinda hard not to be bitter, or take this personally.  It feels like I just wasted the last year+ of my life, and for what?!?!  Let me go someplace else where my work will probably be more appreciated, and niggas don't have their heads up their own asses.  Everybody out here is a fucking expert and authority figure, yet they have absolutely NO resume' in the field that you're in.

So, hopefully, I'm on to better things.  Hopefully I can make this move, and my luck will change.  The sooner that I can get the hell out of here, the better.  I'm at that point already; time to move the hell on.  I've had enough, and am looking for greener pastures.  Here's to the success of my plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment