Monday, August 4, 2014

Proyectos Futuros (Future Projects)

The one question the writers/authors get frequently asked, especially either during an interview or a book signing, is this....

So, what are you working on now...?

What's my response to this question....?  What am I not working on?

Currently, I'm still writing several screenplay projects.  Film and television has always been my first love, so I continue to write my cinematic stories.  I'm working on several new projects, as well as trying to finish a few others that I've temporarily put on hold.  I still have several TV series projects that I have yet to write the pilot out, and only have in treatment form.  There are others that I want to continue to write out additional episodes, and at least complete a first season. At the same time, I'm considering getting together a writing team to do those projects...

On the literary front...I'm working on three fiction novels.  One is an Afrocentric sci-fi space opera, in which I've actually posted an excerpt of it here on this blog.  Another novel is an action/adventure project about a community activist-turned-crime fighter; also excerpted as an entry in this blog.  The third project is another sci-fi action/adventure project that deals with the Earth defending itself from an oncoming alien invasion, using the aliens' own technology against them (a la Robotech).  That one I plan to turn into a series....   

Lastly....I am currently writing PART THREE of the "Raise Your Brown Black Fist" book series.  I have finally figured out the direction that I wanted to go in with this particular book.  Now that I am back in New York, I have access to the materials and information that I need to complete the book.  This book will be the most ambitious of the three, and I hope to complete it and have it published by the end of next year (2015).  I was kinda hoping to stick to the schedule that I gave to myself to have published at least four books in five years.

Meanwhile....I'm still trying to get my grind on by getting my books stocked in bookstores, and doing more book signings, festivals, and speaking engagements.

Stay tuned for more!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment