Friday, June 6, 2014

Proyecto Mas Color: Media campaign for inclusion



I feel SO fortunate when I am able to come across fellow Afro Latin@s that are doing their thing as far as representing four our people, and fighting to create change!  I came across this, and befriended the hermanita (and her sister) who are behind this campaign.

Victoria Arzu is a young Afro Latina fighting for our equal representation on the "Big Two" Spanish-language networks here in the United States; Univision and Telemundo.  She has taken her campaign viral, called Proyecto Mas Color (Project: More Color!)' and also has a petition set up on Change.org to fight against this under-representation of Latinos of Color, specifically Afro Latinos, on the 'Big Two' channels.

Here is the encompassing video to help support their campaign:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoynWkeColI

PLEASE help to spread the word, and support their campaign.  If you are on Facebook, please like their page, and share their video throughout your various social networks.  Also, don't forget to sign their petition in Change.org.

Keep the fist raised!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kevin, thank you so much!! I really appreciate your support in this endeavor and it makes me feel great that this matter is just as important to you as it is to me. Muchisimas gracias!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. De nada, hermanita! Anything that I can do to support, I'll do. I speak about this issues in my own works, and to see someone out there doing something about it always lifts my spirits. I just wanted you to know that you are NOT alone! Continue to do what you do! :)

    Keep the fist raised!!

    ReplyDelete