Saturday, February 23, 2013

Aftermath: The Consortium '13

Oaky, I'll admit it....I was worried.

I had a few last minute curve balls that threw me a bit.  We had a room change at the last minute, and one of my panelists backed out on me.  Therefore, I only had TWO panelists...myself included.

WE ROCKED!!!

It went really well...better than I expected.  It was actually well attended, people actually turned out for the event.  The members of my division came out in full force (ok, we're not a HUGE group, but they came and supported nonetheless), and a few other friends of mine came out to support us as well.  Considering that I only had three weeks to promote the event, I'm kinda satisfied with the result.

The people at BCCC we're truly impressed.  They're hoping to do more with us in the near future.  Everyone found the program to be very informative and insightful.  The attendees were quite diverse; African Americans, Latinos, and Afro Latinos came out to support the event.

Personal critique...I think I tended to babble.  My thoughts weren't very coherent.  I was just so tired from work, and stressed out from trying to put this whole thing together.  NOT one of my best showings as a public speaker.  I need to step up my game.

I definitely want to thank the BCCC Office of Student Life, and professors Rebecca Hackett (our moderator), Zak Kondo, and Dr. Boyd Mariano.  Your support for us helped to make this happen.  Thank you for all of you help, and for providing us the use of your facilities.

Much respect to my fellow members of my UNIA division!  I couldn't have done this without your support.  This is just the beginning of our resurgence....

And MOST definitely....my dear, dear hermano Christopher Rodriguez.  Thank you for coming out and supporting me in this endeavor.  You are an inspiration to me, and someone who I truly look up to.  I hope for my work to reach the standards that you have set.


 
See you in the fall for the Latino Heritage Month version of The Consortium!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment