Saturday, October 13, 2012

Itinerary--The Consortium of Afro Latino Communities



THE CONSORTIUM OF AFRO LATINO COMMUNITIES
Film Screenings, Panel Discussion, & Book Signings
Saturday, October 20, 2012
from 12pm t0 5pm
Baltimore, Maryland

Program Itinerary
Film Screenings:
"Afro Latinos: The Untaught Story"- film trailer
"We of the Saya"- film trailer
"Memoirs of a Black Latina" - documentary short; Q & A with director Crystal S. Roman
"La Toma"- documentary short
"When the Spirits Dance Mambo" -documentary feature

Intermission: 15-20mins.

Panel Discussion:
"Crossing Borders, Breaking Barriers, & Building Bridges"
Panelists:
Christopher Rodriguez--Author/activist; "Latino Manifesto"
Kevin Alberto Sabio--Author/activist; "Raise Your Brown Black Fist"
Crystal Shaniece Roman--Actress/producer/media activist; Black Latina Movement
Robert Oriya'ma'at--Author/activist/poet; "Heaven O Hell: The Black Omen"

Book Signing
Christopher Rodriguez
Kevin Alberto Sabio
Robert Oriya'ma'at

Closing


FREE ADMISSION!!!!  OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there, but I live in Oakland, CA :-/

    Bill Smith
    African American-Latino World
    www.ahorasecreto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...But I know that you'll be there with us in spirit! :)
      LOVE your blog, btw...

      Delete
  2. I'm Jamaican and Cuban,my family is Jamaican on my mother and father's side however my grandfather on my father's side is part Cuban so that make Jamaican and Cuban.

    ReplyDelete