Sunday, July 21, 2024

Home Sweet Home...

 To update you guys...I've FINALLY moved into my new apartment.  I've lived here little over a week, now.  It's the best feeling in the world, to know that you have a roof over your head.  I was homeless for three weeks, ducking and hiding, sleeping at my day job after hours.  It wasn't fun AT ALL!!  It was so stressful, especially hiding my shame and pain from everyone.  At least now...it's over.


I still have to furnish the apartment.  I don't have a bed yet; not even a mattress to sleep on.  At least I was able to get my clothes and stuff being stored at the day job.  Now, I have all of my stuff in one place.  I can finally change clothes, now.  I can finally wash my clothes.  I can do the stuff that I normally do to feel comfortable.  I don't necessarily have a routine yet, but I'm getting there.  I don't have a TV in here (not that I really watch that much television), but I do have internet, so that helps.  definitely need a dresser, and a desk to work on.  Hoping to get my hands on a mattress sometime soon.  Kinda wish that I could have some of my stuff from New York shipped down here, but I don't want to risk them getting damaged in transit.  Oh, well...


Don't know if I'll be having a house warming party, since I don't have much stuff in here.  I don't have much food to offer, and I don't feel like coming out of pocket to have it catered, or anything like that.  I'm trying to save my money, as it is.  My rent is affordable, but I'm not making any serious bank by any means.  Maybe if people actually contributed to the writing career, I wouldn't feel so hesitant to spend any money. But, we all know how that goes, smdh.. πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

 

The other good thing about the apartment is...it's close to my day job.  I'm also near several supermarkets.  Whatever I need is actually within walking distance from the new crib.  I'm actually not too far from where I was staying at the hotel, so it's not like I'm in a completely new and different part of the city, and have to learn my way around.  That works to my advantage.  The only thing that concerns me, is that they're building up the neighborhood, and doing a lot of construction.  I hope that doesn't jack up my rent by next year.  My salary is okay, even though I do get occasional raises, but I don't earn a whole hell of a lot of income.  If they raise my rent to a ridiculously high rate, I might have to go through this whole process all over again next year.  😒😒😒😒


You know what...?  Time to live in the present!!  I'll worry about that other shit when it comes.  Right now...I just wanna enjoy having my new apartment. 😁😁😁😁


Here's to having a roof over my head!!  Here's to having my own piece of mind!!  Celebrating having my new apartment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment